Wednesday 17 July 2013

The journey continues

I have now been a published author for a mere 4 months and this Saturday will see another first. I will do my first radio interview with an american based interviewer. I will be on Saturday Cocktails with Janice Ross. If you would like to listen in or indeed join in you can at this link. radio interview

The interview will last for an hour and is a chat about what inspires and motivates me as well as discussing The Viking's Apprentice.

When I agreed to do the interview it seemed a long way off, but now it has arrived and I will admit to being a little nervous. Janice was kind enough to do a skype test with me to ensure she could hear me and more importantly understand me! As a Scot it has been suggested that I may speak too fast and can at times be difficult to understand if you are not from here. Unfortunately radio cannot offer subtitles so I will have to be on my best behavior and speak slowly.

If you do have any questions please feel free to call in. The number is at the link above. The interview is at 1pm UK time.

Other news

What else has been happening? I have been busy writing book 2 in the Viking series. The first draft is almost complete which is the beginning of a nervous time for me. The book will go to my editors who will tear it apart and send it back with lots of red highlights. I will then go into a huff for a few hours before accepting that their changes make my story read a lot better. I have come to realise that although I can write a very good story that will entertain there are other people much more skilled at checking the grammar than me. The work of the editors has contributed to the first book getting 23 out of 23 5 star reviews across amazon and goodreads.com. I thank them all and appreciate their hard work and patience.

Book sale

To celebrate The Viking's Apprentice doing so well since it's release and reaching number 1 in Canada and number 2 in America I have decided to reduce the price until the 24th of July. The book is available for $0.99 in America and Canada as well as 99p in the UK. If you would like to buy it please follow the links below.

US readers and other Amazon.com readers get The Viking's Apprentice for $0.99 here The Viking's Apprentice
Canadian readers get The Viking's Apprentice for $0.99 here The Viking's Apprentice
UK readers get The Viking's Apprentice for £0.99 here The Viking's Apprentice

For those of you that have not seen it here is the updated cover for the kindle version. We changed the font so it was easier to read.



Contact info

If you would like to contact me you can do so through the following channels

email me @ kevinmcleodauthor@gmail.com

Tweet me @  @bannon1975

Facebook @ The Viking's Apprentice Facebook

Goodreads @ Kevin McLeod Goodreads

I will write another blog after my radio interview and will share any tips I pick up during the experience. Thank you to everyone who has been reading my blog. I appreciate your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

subscribe