Monday 25 November 2013

Book Week Scotland and the authorsdb 2013 book cover contest

How is everyone?

I hope you are all well, and I hope if you are in Scotland you are able to join in Book week Scotland in some way. Even if it's just picking up a book for the first time in ages, and sitting down to get lost in the imagination of your favourite author.

My Book week has started very well. This morning The Master's Revenge reached number 1 in the best seller list for norse on Amazon.co.uk. Thank you to everyone who has purchased a copy. I really appreciate it. I still can't believe how successful both books have been. This time last year I was still waiting on The Viking's Apprentice being published and now I am lucky enough to have had a number one best seller in Canada and the UK and number 2 in the US. It's amazing what you can achieve when you put your mind too it.

Back to book week. I feel I should point out this is my first Book Week Scotland as an author. This week I have a series of talks in local schools to talk about writing, reading and my own experiences as an author. Public speaking is something I'm getting used to, and hopefully better at, however I'm much more comfortable behind my laptop than in front of an audience.

The children I will be talking to are all in the age group that my books are aimed at. I am genuinely interested in seeing how many of them are regular readers and what they look for in their books. I will post again on Thursday night once I have completed my series of talks and I will let you all know how it went and what I gained from the experience.

If you would like to know more about Book Week Scotland please visit their website Scottish Book Trust.

AuthorsDB Book Cover Contest

You may be aware of a great website called www.authorsdb.com this is a website that shows 1000's of great book covers from every genre from new and old authors alike. Every year they hold a book cover contest and I'm delighted to say that The Master's Revenge has made it through to the semi finals. Voting for the semi finals ends on December 15th. I would love you all to please follow this link and vote for my book cover. Scroll down to where it shows you the star ratings and please cast your vote. You can vote once per day. I appreciate all your support. The link is underneath the book cover.

click here to vote

Thank you to everyone who votes. If you would like to contact me you can do so by any of the following means.

Facebook - www.facebook.com/thevikingsapprentice

twitter - @bannon1975

email - kevinmcleodauthor@gmail.com

website - www.kevinmcleodauthor.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

subscribe